Perth, Western Australia
Located on the west coast of Australia, Perth is the most isolated city in the world – and yet, some of the best vegan food, people and the world’s happiest animals call good ol’ WA home.
Veganism in Perth is on the rise, with the laid back lifestyle, hot summers and mild winters, it always calls for an Acai bowl at the many healthy cafes with plenty of vegan options that litter the city and beaches. Balmy nights call for a vegan pizza and raw dessert watching the sun setting over the ocean (one of the most amazing sights and sunsets you will see).
So, where to eat in Perth?
Here are some of my favourite places:
- Cloud Nine – Vegan Happiness – 6km outside of the CBD in North Perth.
- C Restaurant – Revolving restaurant in CBD (call at least 4 days prior to book the full vegan menu)
- Flora and Fauna, Northbridge, small walk from the city centre
- Stimulatte Cafe, Subiaco – catch an Australian Rules Football (AFL) game during winter while you’re in Subi.
- The Raw Kitchen, Fremantle – or really Fremantle in general (separate Fremantle blog to come – it’s just the greatest)
Finally, Health Freak Cafe – a chain store that started small, and has grown to have multiple chain restaurants throughout Perth and moving to eastern Aus. An awesome place that is all gluten and refined sugar free. Not a full vegan menu, but definitely makes this girl happy.
Perth is an amazing city, with only a couple of million people, it still has the charm and fresh air of a large (very large) country town. I would recommend anyone to pop in and say hi to Perth – you won’t regret it. And hey, if you’re coming from Europe, you have to stop here anyway, so might as well see some of the best beaches in the world, without the crowds of Bondi, and eat some damn good vegan food.
Rottnest Island and Margaret River Region blogs to come.