February 1st kicked off the start of an epic one year travel journey in which I will work remotely...
Vegan Travel Blogs by Kara
Kara grew up in the Boston area and currently lives in New York City. She went vegetarian nearly 14 years ago during her first semester of college after reading a piece in her Women’s Study class relating humane treatment of animals to the feminist movement and she never looked back. In the subsequent years her interest in a vegan lifestyle grew as she studied to become a nurse practitioner and pursued a health coaching certification. She realized the power of a plant-based diet for healing and the importance of advocating lifestyle changes over medications. As she read more about the abundance of antibiotics and hormones in dairy, treatment of dairy cows, and the environmental impact of all animal agriculture, Kara decided to make the full leap to a vegan lifestyle. That was 8 years ago and she now works to educate others about the benefits of a plant-based diet. Kara has worked as a nurse practitioner in the oncology field for the last 7 years, but come January 1, 2017, she will be putting her health coaching certification to use, building her own business and traveling the world with the Remote Year program. First stop: Malaysia. In addition to a passion for travel and vegan food, Kara loves distance running, photography, adventuring, and reading.
Recent Travel Blogs
- Party like a Vegan–Vegan Festivals to Celebrate Compassionate Living and Delicious Food! September 24, 2019
- Vegan/vegetarian travel in Mongolia – is it possible? September 15, 2019
- Vegan in Seoul – Rescuing Dogs August 2, 2019
- Vegan in Colombia July 5, 2019
- 🇬🇷 Aloha Athens June 18, 2019
- Rice is twice as nice in a cake June 4, 2019
- China (Beijing, Xi’an and Shanghai) and Swiss airlines May 28, 2019
- Seoul, South Korea with DMZ North Korea tour May 21, 2019
- Taipei Layover May 21, 2019
- Singapore Layover May 21, 2019