Vegans Around the World Contest
Follow along with VeganTravel’s 2016 Vegans Around the World Contest winners as they share their travel adventures and help us promote compassion.
We announced our 2016 Vegan Around the World Contest winners on April 15th 2016. The winning teams were selected based on the total number of votes they received for their video submissions along with their demonstrated passion for promoting ethical veganism and compassion for animals (based on votes from by a panel of 10 ethical-vegan judges we had put together for this purpose).
All of the teams who entered the contest were extremely gifted and compassionate. And we are so grateful to all of them for their contributions. So much so, that instead of selecting a single winning team as we had originally intended, we decided to give the winning prize to the three teams below. You can enjoy the contest video submissions for all teams are on the following page: vegantravel.com/video-submissions
Below are the details from our 2016 Vegan Around the World Contest
Why are we giving away free trips Around the World?
To help us promote veganism and educate people on the issues animals are facing around the globe.
Following are some of the vegan experiences our Around-the-World contest winners will be sharing:
- Stories of the animals they encounter in the sanctuaries, shelters, and animal care facilities in every country they visit
- The vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants they dine at along the way
- Which vegan snacks, clothing, and travel gear they take with them
- Their experience with getting good quality vegan food on the airlines and other forms of transportation they use
- The vegan options offered by any hotels or accommodations they stay in
- The quality of the produce each country has to offer and how vegan friendly each city’s grocery stores are
- The vegan societies, vegan groups, and compassionate individuals they meet in each country
- Sightseeing footage. Travel jewels – beautiful beaches, natural wonders, historic sites
- Footage of activities they enjoy doing in the countries / cities they visit
- Video interviews with sanctuary staff sharing the issues the animals they care for are facing, and what their facility is doing to help
Winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Quality of your submission video (25%)
- Ability to be engaging while on camera
- Knowledge of local vegan stores and dining options
- Knowledge of local things to do and sightseeing tips
- The ratings/likes and comments your video receives on VeganTravel.com
- The ratings/likes and comments you receive for your submission video on YouTube or Vimeo
- Your demonstrated passion for being ethical vegans (25%)
- Your overall communication skills (social media and/or blogging experience are a plus) (25%)
- Your desire to document and share your travel experiences (25%)
VeganTravel enthusiastically welcomes travelers of any country of origin, relationship status, race, color, education level, religion or lack of religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability/disability, or age.
Create and share a Vegan Video Tour of the city you live in …
and enter for a chance to win this once-in-a-lifetime adventure – a Vegan Around the World Trip for Two!
Help your fellow vegans by giving us a video tour of your home city (or home town)! In addition to providing an excellent resource for your fellow vegans considering a visit to your city, you will also be entered into one of our Vegan Around the World Trip for Two contests.
The premise of your vegan tour video should be as follows:
Some really good friends who you haven’t seen in a really long time are visiting the city or town you live in for the very first time. Your visiting friends are also vegan and you want them to have a really good time. So you decide to put together a cool video tour to show them some of your city’s favorite sights, and show them where all the best vegan or vegan friendly stores and restaurants are.
Both contestants should appear in the video. Videos will be judged on the following criteria: originality, joyfulness, how enticing and informative they are, and how well they are rated and reviewed on YouTube or Vimeo and by your fellow VeganTravel website visitors.
To enter our Vegan Around-the-World Trip contest:
Upload your submission video to YouTube or Vimeo, log into your VeganTravel account, and provide a link to your submission video along with a brief description in the Comment box below. If you are interested in participating in the contest, please also review our Contest Rules. Video submissions will be accepted from November 1st through March 31st, 2016 and winners will be announced on April 15th, 2016. You may upload as many Submissions as you like during the Contest Period.