Located in central Copenhagen in picturesque surroundings. All activities within the Nyhavn Bridge belong to Nyhavnsforeningen, Nyhavns Skipperlaug. Inside the bridge area the harbour is in fact a museum and veteran ship harbour where only members of the Association of Wooden Ships are admitted or guests with vessels of special historical interest. Beyond the bridge acitivites are the business of Copenhagen Harbour Ltd.
The Amalienborg complex in Copenhagen was originally four externally identical noblemen’s palaces, symmetrically placed around an octagonal palace yard with the equestrian statue of Frederik V, by the French sculptor J.F.J. Saly, in the centre. The large complex was constructed as the centre of Frederiksstaden, the new upper class quarter of Copenhagen, laid out in 1748 as part of the tribute to the House of Oldenborg on the occasion of its 300th anniversary on the Danish throne. Since then, the four palaces have by turns served as residences for the reigning monarch. Today, one of them (Moltke’s or Christian VII’s Palace) is fitted up as a guest palace and mainly used for ceremonial purposes. The others are the residences of the Queen and her husband (Schack’s or Christian IX’s Palace) and the Crown Prince and his wife (Levetzau’s or Christian VIII’s Palace). Once its refurbishment is completed, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess will move to Brockdorff’s Palace (Frederik VIII’s Palace), which was formerly the residence of Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid. With the Yellow Palace, located immediately next to the Amalienborg complex, the palaces also house the various court functions.
Recent Travel Blogs
- Berlin, Veganism and the Coronavirus May 18, 2020
- Vegan Food in Tokyo Japan May 10, 2020
- Vegan Trekking in Nepal April 9, 2020
- How to Eat Healthy Vegan Meals on Airplanes March 17, 2020
- Vegan/raw haven in Sal, Cabo Verde January 9, 2020
- Party like a Vegan–Vegan Festivals September 24, 2019
- Vegan/vegetarian travel in Mongolia – is it possible? September 15, 2019
- Vegan in Seoul – Rescuing Dogs August 2, 2019
- Vegan in Colombia July 5, 2019
- 🇬🇷 Aloha Athens June 18, 2019