Last Updated: October 7, 2015
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, directly from you when you use the Site, such as when you register for an account or access certain features or content. The personal information we may collect about you may include, without limitation:
- contact information, such as your name and email address;
- demographic information, such as your country of residence; and
- login information, such as your username and password.
When you use the Site, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Site and user traffic. The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- information about the devices you use to access the Site (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- dates, times, and duration of use of the Site (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor); and
- information about actions taken on the Site (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. This data enables us to identify and authenticate users and otherwise improve and personalize our Site and the services we offer.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- register you for an account on the Site;
- send you information or materials you request;
- maintain a record of your transactions on the Site;
- respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- communicate with you about our services, offers, and promotions;
- operate, evaluate, and improve our site and the accuracy of listings and geographic data we and our site users provide;
- analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Site;
- prevent fraud and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of VeganTravel, users of the Site, or others; and
- in other ways with your consent.
We use reasonable measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information is stored on a secure server protected by security scans and firewalls. All connections with the site are encrypted using a modern cypher suite. Connections are encrypted and authenticated. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Site’s features.
If you have received promotional emails from us and you do not wish to receive additional promotional emails from us in the future, you may opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of our emails.
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on the Site by our web analytics vendor by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Communications with other Users.
You may Add Friends and/or Private Message other users on our site. You may choose to block any individual from sending you a message. If you want to block a site Friend, select “Cancel Friendship”, and then select “Block” to no longer get messages from that individual.
Accessing and CHANGING Your Information
You can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your account and visiting your account Profile page. If you are unable to change or update your personal information on your Profile page, please send us an email at Support@VeganTravel.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Site is not directed to, and VeganTravel does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at Support@VeganTravel.com.
VeganTravel is based in the State of Colorado in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you are located.