Reviews on Accommodations

• I stayed here for 6 weeks while I worked in North Sydney. The kitchen is fairly substantial, with an oven, cook top, and microwave, as well as a full sized fridge. Decent cooking utensils and cups/plates. Very close to grocery stores so it’s easy to cook your own meals. Also has a few restaurants close by for those times when you are lazy 🙂 It’s just a block from the train so it’s fairly easy to get around town, however it’s still a good 20-30 min until you are in the city centre. Compared to other locations in town, the price seemed to be okay, varying between 150-250/night for a 1 br apt (if I remember correctly). No pull out couch, but plenty of room to spread out and a washer/dryer. If you’re planning on spending a significant amount of time in Sydney and want a home base, this would definitely be an option.

Also has a pool, hot tub, sauna, and a small gym.

• Stayed here for 2 nights in a 6 person female dorm. 3 bunk beds and separate en suite toilet and shower. Also had a balcony which was shared with the room next door.

Wifi was very sketchy in the room since you were picking it up from the common areas. You can pay for fast wifi in the room. Also, the lobby wifi in only turned on for a certain time frame (I think it gets turned off at 8pm?). I made do without paying, but something to factor in to the price.

Breakfast is your standard toast, butter, and jam, so check the ingredients. They also have a free dinner included, with a vegetarian option, but it’s not always vegan (one night was veggie lasagna I think). There’s a large industrial kitchen, which is usually pretty full, but I managed to find a place to cook both nights.

Beds were comfy and company was nice. It’s a new building, so felt very fresh. I would recommend staying here for a few nights, as long as you’re not needing wifi.

• Sadly I was only able to stay here for 1 night… I wish I’d been able to stay for all 3 nights I was in Queenstown. The beds are super comfortable and very sturdy (not the flimsy metal bunk beds) Outlets and lights at each bed. It’s on the smaller side, so it’s not the big party atmosphere of some hostels. But you can still have fun! They organize nightly events… I was there for the scavenger hunt, and we won a $50 bar tab! woohoo!

Huge patio off the room and an amazing en suite bathroom, plus tons of extras (see the profile page). The kitchen is more the size of a large house kitchen, but that works since there aren’t that many guests. They don’t offer free breakfast, but they do have free coffee and tea available all day!

They do offer 2 evening meals a week for cheap, The event info says BBQ and it seems to be not vegan friendly, but I didn’t ask since I wasn’t there to partake.

Huge comfy common room, cctv in the storage room, fluffy towels… seriously cannot say enough good stuff about this hostel!

• I originally booked this place because they have an airport shuttle and I really only needed a place to rest my head. It was a fairly average hostel. I had a bit of trouble getting a towel since there was conflicting information if it was included or not, but I ended up getting one the morning after I checked in.

I was in a single room, which was very spartan, but served it’s purpose. Only free wifi in the lobby, and paid wifi in the rooms.

They were very helpful leading up to my stay, helping me to decide which Great Barrier Reef trip I should take, although I ended up booking it myself as it was a last minute decision.

Unfortunately my stay was very lack luster. I’d say it’s a fine place to stay (some of the people I ran into were staying in some fairly sketchy sounding hostels around town), but it wasn’t amazing. The shuttle to the airport and into town is very helpful and included in your stay.

Overall I’d say if the price is right and you just want a bed to sleep in, this is a good place.

Forgot your details?