Founded by Sanguden “Lek” Chailert and her partner, Elephant Nature Park is a unique conservation project set in the Chiang Mai Province in Northern Thailand. The park is dedicated to providing a sanctuary for former captive working elephants, as well as other animals. The park aims to protect and encourage a natural existence for elephants and other animals that have been innocent victims of abuse and exploitation. Volunteers and visitors can help heal the scars. We offer day and overnight visits.
The Care for Dogs Objectives are: ++Reducing the overpopulation of street and temple dogs through sterilization /spaying programs and local adoptions. ++Operating a rescue centre for puppies and dogs (which is used for adoptions, after-care from surgery/sterilisation, or for transitional rescue for dogs that are in immediate danger). ++Improving the health status of homeless dogs through vaccinations and coordinating medical care in cooperation with our veterinary team. ++Fighting the dog meat trade through advocacy and education. Care for Doga helps people help their dogs through: ++Cooperation with monks and employees of temples to improve the quality of life for temple dogs. ++Information to dog owners about sterilisations, medical care, taking them along with us to the vet, showing people how to show affection through gentle play and petting. ++Reducing death rate by helping people understand that there are solutions other than killing dogs. ++School education activities to make the younger generation more aware of animal welfare. Although we concentrate mainly on dogs, we are able to facilitate treatment and sterilisations for cats as well as liaising with nuns at temples who foster kittens and adult cats if people are interested in adoption.
Recent Travel Blogs
- Street treats that make a trip to An Giang sweet March 20, 2021
- An oasis for veggie-lovers in Cà Mau March 13, 2021
- Vegan Food in the USA? Here’s how you find it August 4, 2020
- Ultimate Guide to the Best Vegan Pizza in Los Angeles 2020 July 11, 2020
- Berlin, Veganism and the Coronavirus May 18, 2020
- Unexpected adventure in Bach Ma National Park May 17, 2020
- Vegan in Tokyo, Japan May 10, 2020
- Vegan Trekking in Nepal April 9, 2020
- How to Eat Healthy Vegan Meals on Airplanes March 17, 2020
- Vegan/raw haven in Sal, Cabo Verde January 9, 2020